Wednesday, March 4, 2015

SCAM ALERT!


Be Aware of a phone scam that is going around!  I recently got a phone call from a company called WizTechAssist telling me that they were calling everyone who had a computer running Microsoft Windows.  They told me there were virus's on my computer and they were going to help me find them.  Of course once they found them they were going to want me to pay them to remove them, thus giving them access to my computer!

I told them I was not interested and hung up...they called back from another number demanding to know why I hung up on them.

After a call to the BBB I found out that they have gotten numerous calls reporting this scam and that many people have fallen for this scam.

Please spread the word and make sure friends and family are aware of this and don't fall for this!

If someone you know does fall for this, please call the BBB to report it at 419-223-7010.

Here is more information from Microsoft about these scams HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment